Saturday, January 16, 2010

What can I do to control Japanese beetles on my roses and other plants?

Sprinkle them with Sevin dust. It works great on Japanese beetlesWhat can I do to control Japanese beetles on my roses and other plants?
If you don't want to use harsh chemicals, you can just spray your roses with dish soap mixed in water. I just check my roses daily, and knock the little buggers into a cup full of soapy water.What can I do to control Japanese beetles on my roses and other plants?
Use bug spray.
Use seiven spray or if you want to get them before they turn into beetles get a product called milk spore. You put it on your lawn and it kills the grubs that turn into the beetles. It is expensive but it lasts for 20 yrs.
Have you tried a systemic? I use Bayer systemic granules for roses and other ornamentals; it takes care of many insects, and some diseases as well.
Well, your lawn requires a chemical treatment. There are sprays/powders that you can apply directly to the rose bushes and other plants. Then,of course, there are those bags that hang on a hook that trap them. Simply stick into various sections of your lawn. The Japanese Beetles are attracted to these bags that will trap them. They are rather bothersome little creatures !!

1 comment:

  1. Nice Blog! We provide the top quality pest control services in Zirakpur. Our company has an an expert and professional team for pest control. Our pest control services includes cockroach control, rat control, termite control, etc.

    ReplyDelete