Saturday, January 16, 2010

What is the best method to control Japaneese Beetles in the Northeast?

The beetles come out in droves and destroy many plants and trees each year. Other than spray Sevin I can't seem to make a dent in the amount of damage each season.What is the best method to control Japaneese Beetles in the Northeast?
This guy I know, who has all kinds of random information in his head, once told me that you should treat for grubs on July 4th - you put that Grub killing lawn treatment down - it has to have some ingredient that starts w/ M - 2 sylables. Sorry can't remember what it is.What is the best method to control Japaneese Beetles in the Northeast?
Other than Sevin I would try using a Japanese beetle trap. They work real well but you may need a handful of them to start out just to catch up with them. I would continue to spray at the same time. There is no sure fire way to get rid of all of them at once. You just have to keep after them.
Napalm. Only thing I've heard of being effective. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment